April 7th of every year is celebrated as founding of World Health Day Organization (WHO) since 1948. Every year a public health problem is chosen as theme to focus & increase awareness about the health problem.
This year the theme is “Depression let’s talk”. This topic is chosen as burden of mental disorders are on rise & ignorance & taboo regarding the same are continuing. Main aim of WHO is to decrease the number of depression by supporting people & increasing awareness among everyone.
Department of Community Medicine organized a CME on “DEPRESSION”.
- Shri V. Shivakumar IPS. Commissioner of Police, Siddipet.
- Dr. Yakaiah, Chairman, of RVM IMS
- Dr. Hemanth Rao, Principal, RVM IMS
- Dr. Raghava Rao, Medical Director.
- Dr. Rafi Vice, Principal, RVM IMS
- Dr. Gopi Krishna, Medical Superintendent.
- Dr. Madhu Sudhan, Prof & HOD, Dept. of Community Medicine.
- Dr. G.Prasad, Asst Prof. Psychiatry
Topic: Clinical aspects of Depression
- Dr.Madhu Sudhan Prof & HOD. Dept. of Community Medicine.
Topic: Insight into World Health Organization.
- Dr. Viyaja Laxmi, Associate Prof. Pathology.
Topic: WHO theme “Depression - let’s talk”.
- Dr. Prasanna Prof & HOD of Pharmacology.
Topic: Drug therapy of Depression.