Anti Ragging Committee
Representatives of Civil & Police Administration
'Medicine' is a noble profession. It members are revered for their human values, compassion and consideration for their fellow human beings. Every medical student shall therefore learn to be self disciplined and observe rules and regulations as a matter of habit rather than because of fear of consequences. They shall at all times conduct themselves with proper dignity and decorum expected of a budding doctor.
Meetings are held on :
The following instructions are framed to prevent the menace of ragging and foster healthy interpersonal relations among students in the campus
- Ragging is strictly forbidden in or outside the campus of RVM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre.
- All students shall familiarize themselves with rules/regulations/guidelines on code of conduct, anti-ragging measures and discipline of RVM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre.
- All 'freshers' should attend counseling sessions organized for them from time to time by the college staff.
- All 'freshers' are allotted to 'Academic Counselor' by name. Students may approach him/her for personal/academic counseling.
- Any student who suffers ragging or notices occurrence of ragging shall immediately report the event to concerned authority.
- Incidences of ragging can be reported to any member of Anti-ragging squad, Anti-ragging committee of the college or to Academic counselor.
- Students may report incidence of ragging either orally or in writing. They may also report the incidence in person or by phone. Anonymity of the caller will be maintained.
- The College Council has identified some senior students as 'Mentor'. List of these students is placed on all notice boards of the college. A fresher may choose any one of them as his buddy. He/she will provide emotional and peer support to the fresher in coping with institutional transition.
- All fresher's will be segregated & accommodated on one floor of the hostel. No senior student will be permitted to visit fresher's room at any time of the day/night.
- Dining hall and timing for various meals will be specified for the freshers. No senior student shall enter that dining hall during time earmarked for freshers.
- Any victim of ragging not satisfied with the action taken by the Head of the Institution or by the University may submit an appeal in writing to report the event to the local police.
- The members of the squad will visit at least twice in a week all potential areas of ragging on or outside the campus
- The squad conducts surprise visits/raids on hostels and other hot spots of ragging and apprehends the culprits.
- It shall record all verbal/telephonic/written complaints and take action as stipulated in the bye-laws of the university.
- It shall keep the principal informed of all events/occurrences of ragging in the college.
- Anti-ragging squad will be assisted by members of college teaching staff detailed by the office of the principal on day to day basis to keep vigil on untoward events.