Toll Free Contact: 1800-425-8688
Chairman : Dr. A. Hemanth Rao, Principal/Dean - 9849194753
Co-ordinator : Dr. V. Prasanna, Professor & HOD -
Member Secretory : Dr. B. Roopa, Asst, Professor-
Dr. N.Samuel, Professor & Head, Department of Gen.medicine
Dr. A.Sridhar Rao, RMO, RVMIMS & RC
Dr. Sangeeth Kumar, Asst. Prof., Department of Dermatology
Mr. Venkateshwarlu, Pharmacist, Department of Pharmacy
PHARMACOVIGILACE AND THE WHO INTERNATIONAL GRUG MONITORING PROGRAM
Pharmacovigilance is the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding, and prevention of the adverse effects of drugs or any other possible drug-related problems. Recently, its concerns have been widened to include the following:
- traditional and complementary medicines
- blood products
- medical devices
- To generate awareness about ADRs among health care providers and students, by different activities.
- To pick up ADRs occurring in the patients admitted to Hospital and report the same to appropriate authorities. i.e. National Pharmacovigilance Center.
- To carry out causality analysis of ADRs.
- To take up activities to strengthen the ongoing National Pharmacovigilance programme.
Scope of the committee:
- The committee shall be responsible for planning,implementing and monitoring of various activities of the Pharmacovigilance.
- The committee shall meet once in 3 months.
Causality Assessment Committe of Pharmacovigilance
Dr. V. Prasanna, Coordinator, Pharmacovigilance
Dr. L. Jagadish, Professor, Department of Pharmacology
Dr. Shashidhar Reddy, Asst. Prof., Department of Medicine
Dr. Sangeeth, Asst. Prof., Department of Dermatology
Pharmacovigilance sensitization programme for faculty conducted on 26-10-2016
Pharmacovigilance wark shop for nurses conducted on 20-12-2016
Meetings are held on :
- 21-08-2017 - Casuality Assessment Meeting