Member Secretary :
Causality Assessment :
PHARMACOVIGILACE AND THE WHO INTERNATIONAL GRUG MONITORING PROGRAM
Pharmacovigilance is the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding, and prevention of the adverse effects of drugs or any other possible drug-related problems. Recently, its concerns have been widened to include the following:
- traditional and complementary medicines
- blood products
- medical devices
- To generate awareness about ADRs among health care providers and students, by different activities.
- To pick up ADRs occurring in the patients admitted to Hospital and report the same to appropriate authorities. i.e. National Pharmacovigilance Center.
- To carry out causality analysis of ADRs.
- To take up activities to strengthen the ongoing National Pharmacovigilance programme.
Scope of the committee:
- The committee shall be responsible for planning,implementing and monitoring of various activities of the Pharmacovigilance.
- Pharmacovigilance sensitization programme for faculty conducted on 26-10-2016
- Pharmacovigilance work shop for nurses conducted on 20-12-2016
Meetings are held on :
- 21-08-2017 - Casuality Assessment Meeting