Toll Free Contact: 1800-425-8688
Chairperson : Dr. Ashalatha, Professor & Head, Department of Anatomy - 7702586330
- Dr. Bheeshma, Professor & HOD , Department of Pathology - 9441237098
- Dr. Pooja Chouhan Associate Professor, SPM - 9390406781
- Dr. P. Antony Madhuri, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology - 9786250838
- Dr. K. Sangeetha, Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy - 8499868899
- Dr. B. Roopa, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology - 9985650691
- Dr. P. Mary Rohini, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology - 9908521401
- Mr. Madhu Mohan Reddy, Retd. ASP - 9133343720
Court of India held that sexual harassment of women is a violation of the fundamental right of women to work in a safe environment. Often such behavior goes unpunished because of hesitation on the part of women to report such behavior out of a sense of shame or fear or both. It is important for women to protest against any behavior that they feel is unwanted and unacceptable. The Gender Harassment Committee has been set up with the aim of providing women appropriate complaint mechanism against unwelcome sexually determined behavior whether directly or by implication.
Meetings are held on :
The members of this Committee would deal with the complaints of gender harassment by students, academic and non-academic staff in this institution, in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court of India relating to sexual harassment of women workers at work places and students.
The Role of the Committee:
- Mediation of crisis arising out of incidents of sexual harassment occurring in the campus, overview of campus security services to ensure prompt intimation to the committee of all incidents of alleged sexual harassment and assistance to aggrieved parties in the campus.
- To act as Inquiry Authority on a complaint of sexual harassment.
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the staff, students and faculty members of the institution on gender issues.
- The Committee shall meet at least twice in a year, the gap between two meetings not exceeding six months. The quorum of the meetings shall not be less than one third of the total number of members.